Friday, January 15, 2016

Freedom Friday!



Have you ever done something for so long that you thought that it would always be that way? Stuck in a rut, and it's never going to change? 


For me, I almost never (if ever) dance/bounce/hop/jump in church. 

Why? Nope, it's not because I don't want to. It's not because I feel it's inappropriate. It's not BTW! And it's not because I'm a statue, afraid to move during worship.

It's because I'm self conscious. When you have 80(ish) pound of extra...weight...load...err...fat...you don't bounce, jump, skip, hop, or leap. None of those things happen! Well, not easily anyway! 

Why? Well, first, it's hard! Lifting that much extra weight off the ground is hard work! And if you're that much over weight, you likely don't have the strength do it it much, if at all! Joints hurt, feet hurt, muscles get too tired to do it long anyway!

Then there's the issue of...the jiggle. Ladies, (especially those of us that have had children) you know what I'm talking about! One step, two step...and it feels like the rest of your body suddenly catches up with you and shakes your bones around. Ok...maybe that's an exaggeration...but it's real, never the less! 

But, that all changed tonight! My church is celebrating a month of first fruits, and as part of that we're giving our worship offering. Tonight was the first of two nights of worship. 

We sang, lifted our hands, swayed...and danced. Yes, I, the person who doesn't dance (in public anyway), danced! Well, not dance exactly...but I bounced! And hopped! And even jumped!!!! Me! I DID IT!!!! 

Why? How? What changed?! 

I was in a position where I didn't feel like anything was holding me back. I had nothing to lose, and only to gain, by laying everything down and freely worshiping my God, my Savior, my Father, my Redeemer! What a freeing place to be! 

Maybe you're wondering why I felt so free? This is going to seem weird. It does even to me. But I
really feel like, for the first time in a long time, I'm in God's will...and it's because of Beachbody! I have taken decided action to change my life - get healthier, lose weight and become a coach to make money to help my family! 

I really believe God set things up for me to be in this place, right now, to let go of these things that have been holding me back for so, SO long! 

It's also quite freeing when your body doesn't hold you back from the things that you want to do! I could jump and hop because that jiggle that I was talking about above...it's almost nonexistent now! After really only THREE weeks of consistently working out!!! Can you believe that?! I was shocked at how light on my feet I felt. I wasn't worried about swaying to one side and leaving half of me standing there only to spring back at me! Ha!

If you have a list (mine is/was HUGE) of things that you can't or don't want to do because of your weight, make a change! Do something different! Maybe that's doing a Challenge Group with me! Or maybe it's finding an accountability partner to work with! I know I need accountability, and right now I have the world to hold me accountable! That's a powerful thing!!! 

I want to encourage you! Whoever you are! You CAN do this! I can't dance, and I'm doing Cize! Hahahaha!!!! It's a funny sight, but it's FUN! And I don't care! 

So, thank you Cize and Shaun T. for kicking my tail every day and making it possible for me to feel free enough to worship my God the way that I should have been all along!! 

Woohoo!!!! 

Ladies, send me an email or comment if you want more information on the Challenge Group that I have starting February 1st!! You don't want to miss it!! I can't wait to be part of your journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment